Thursday, April 24, 2014

Mr and Mrs. McDougall Visit Our Classroom!

My parents came to my classroom and my dad sang and played the drum. We walked around him. They showed us a dream catcher. My mom brought bannock and we all ate it. We looked at mitts and my mom's wedding necklace. I'm glad they came and it was fun. - Cara-Lyn

Mr. and Mrs. McDougall came to our classroom to teach us about Aboriginal culture. Mr. McDougall speaks Ojibway. He is Cree and Ojibway. We did a "Round Dance". It was very fun doing the dance. It was about unity.  Mrs. McDougall showed us the medicine they used. They use sweet grass and sage. I got to wear the cradle board where they put the babies into. It was a lot of fun. - Molly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Grade 1 & 2 for a great morning! It was lots of fun to share our Aboriginal culture with you.

Meegwetch!

Mr & Mrs McDougall