Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Terry Fox Run!

        

    
Terry Fox ran close to 42 kilometres (26 miles) a day through Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec and Ontario. He ran through snow, rain, wind, heat, humidity. He stopped in more than 400 towns, schools and cities to talk about why he was running.
 
I've said to people before that I'm going to do my very best to make it, I'm not going to give up. But I might not make it… if I don't, the Marathon of Hope better continue.”
 
Every year, millions of people in close to 30 countries participate in The Terry Fox Run.
 
On October 17th, the K-8 students, staff, and community participated in the Terry Fox Run. They ran and walked through the Stampede Grounds. The school raised $1500! Thank you to everyone that participated in the run. Let's keep Terry's Marathon of Hope alive.

No comments: