Friday, October 28, 2016

Fort Whyte!


  

At Fort Whyte we went on a hike up the hill. And on our hike we made little footprints in the sandbox. We ate our lunch. A big lunch. Lots of us were loud and some kids had stuffed cheeks like squirrels. I really liked climbing the hill because I could see most of the city. We saw a lot of bison. We saw a big one and its about 1000 pounds. I hope that I can go again! - Tamarah

At Fort Whyte we saw bison, owls, fish and animals from the prairies. We saw a sod house and a teepee. We learned how they would cook and what they would use. For critter dipping we had to use a bucket and a net. Randi and I found a fly and a spider. I tried to dig deep in the water, but all I found was mud. It was the best field trip ever! - Danya

It was so much fun. Taylor and I got two seashells when we were critter dipping. We also found a lot of green algae. I saw a ground hog go into his hole and an owl flying. While we were on the hike I learned that we never ever go near a dangerous animal.  - Emma




3 comments:

rainbow cows said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun wish i could have been there how big was that owl in real life? and how was the critter dipping did you guys see any frogs

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing a comment. The owl is not very big. The size of ground hog. Critter dipping was a lot of fun, but we didn't see any frogs. We found snails. What is your name?

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms Martens how are you doing I am fine I had lots of fun on the field trip. I learnt a lot of stuff especially seeing all the bison and prairie animals. What a great field trip. Thanks for taking me I had lots of fun From: Danya