Monday, October 06, 2014

Artist in the School

Margaret Shaw-Mackinnon was the Artist in the School from Sept. 29 - Oct. 3. She has written the books called "Pod the Wood Elf", "Tiktala", and "The Beech Nut of Big Water Beach".

Grade 1/2 M with Margaret
Margaret holding her painting
Elfie and Rose and the Dragon    Written by Grade 1/2M 
 
 

I love the story. It was fun making them. With the artist writing on the smartboard we had to write the same thing and then we drew a picture. I liked the artist. We had so much fun with the Artist in the School. - Ditya

On Monday Margaret read us the story called "Pod the Wood Elf". Its about a boy and a squirrel. On Tuesday we wrote our own story about Rose, Elfie and the Dragon. It was fun because we drew pictures and coloured. I made my own book. - Alisha

First we listened to a story and then we drew pictures. First we learned about fairy tales and we drew Elfie and Rose and the Dragon. We voted for which characters we wanted in our story. We had to draw happy, sad, mad, in love, laughing your head off and jealous faces. I had fun and I'm glad we got to draw faces. I liked Margaret. - Darius


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun. Can't wait to read the story! - Heather

Anonymous said...

I made a story to its fun to make stories what is your title mine is rover and maisy meet Dr. pork chop from molly to mrs martns and her class.

Anonymous said...

hi ms martens I had fun with the artist in the school I like my title from danya to ms martens and her class.